Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, January 18, 2010

I swear, I will get this New Year's Resolution to lose 30 pounds down, I will. My problem is, I love food. Love it. Especially carbs and sugar. Nothing makes you feel better than a whole bowl of pasta with bread, washed down by a whole box of chocolates. Upon finishing, you sit there thinking... "This, this is why the struggle to the top of the food chain was worth it." And nothing would make you happier than eating like that all the time, the problem is, nothing will make you fatter than eating like that all the time.

And as a modern American woman, the last thing I want to be is fat. Both on an appearance scale, and on the "I would like to be able to run up a flight of stairs without passing out" scale, as well as the "I don't want to die of diabetes/cholesterol/various assorted other problems" scale.

So my diet. My diet makes me unhappy. And currently I am working two jobs, which leaves less time to exercise, more time to stress, and more reasons to eat.

So today, I pack a bag of food for all three meals, because I will be leaving the house at 7 am, and not returning until 9:30 p.m.

Breakfast
- Apple (roma)
- Yogurt (Dannon Light, lime)
- Balance Bar (very berry)

The apple is good, the yogurt is stomachable, and the balance bar is JUST PLAIN AWFUL, it hurts to get it down. But it has protein, and is half the calories of it's chocolate-covered companions. But it's awful, this is why I used to eat the choco-covered ones.

Lunch
- Salad with grilled chicken, red lettuce, spinach, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers & two tbsp of Thousand Island dressing.
- Campbell's Cream of Tomato soup-to-go

The salad is good. Good thing I chose so many varieties of veggies to put in, I don't get bored. And the Thousand Island dressing may not be low fat, but it has the same calories as the Balsamic Vinaigrette I bought, and the low fat dressing are all sugar and carbs anyway. I'd rather have the real calories and the taste. Soup is good as well.

Mid - afternoon snack
- Carrot stick and fresh green beans.

Eaten while driving home. To try and keep me full and from getting a candy bar while at job two. Success.

Dinner
- Tuna sandwich with a TINY bit of mayo on whole grain bread.
- Banana

Both decent. Eaten in a rush while on 15 mins break at job 2.

After dinner snack
- Plate of pasta and two piece bruschetta, left over from last week's pasta making extravaganza.

I should not have done this, I should not have done this. Everyone knows that the worst thing in the world for you is calories before bed. But I kinda worked out at job two, I ended up pushing all the carts in the parking lot in by myself, because there was no lot person assigned, and no one else was available to help. Still, I don't think I burned the calories that I ate. But I felt SO MUCH BETTER before I went to bed. That's the problem. The food makes me feel good. And less stressed.

Exercise for the day - pushing the carts in at the Home Depot, it made me break a sweat at one point, and I did it for about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search